"If there is someone on your friends list you would like to take, strip naked, tie them to a bed post, lick them until they scream, then fuck them until both of you are senseless and unable to fuck anymore, then wait about 5 minutes, and do it all over again, then post this exact sentence in YOUR journal."
Happy New Year!
I know that there are a couple of you who are not feeling so well, and not as an after-effect of the NYE party. I'm hoping that you get well soon. It's been over a week since I posted anything. I didn't think I was that bad. capnbuckle has made up for my lax posting with his drunken, Spidey-filled NYE postings. (Thanks, I liked the Raid-junkie roach part.)
flower76's party was so much fun. I didn't get to finish my DDR metal pad before the party. There was lots of fun to be had without it. M&J had their pads, of course, and we even played double mode, where you dance across both pads. There was Mad Gab and food and friends. I brought a date. His name is Graeme and he really fits in with the C&G type. He plays Magic, he is geeky, and he played along quite well when I told him I was a goddess. He said he's a demi-god with +5 to roleplaying games. Yeah, that came out kinkier than it was supposed to. Anyway, we shall see how this works out. I'm going RT's (bar) tomorrow to play pool with him and Dave.
DDR Metal Pad
Yea! I finished this today. I used the (kind of vague and yet completely accurate) instructions from this site. I've never worked with metal or lucite before, nor have I soldered or really worked with electronics (other than computer hardware, which is all standardised). I got it all together and it appears to work. I made the arrow graphics out of construction paper: Blue up/down; red left/right; white arrows with black shadowing. The thing is, I don't have a PS2 or DDR yet. I'm going to get them Tuesday if I get paid then. So, for now, I plugged it into my PS1, which I also have no games for, and used the CD control screen to test everything. It all works fine, but the X and O buttons are the same function on CD, so I don't know if they're crossed yet. The arrows were too firm when I tested it (needing about 40 lbs. of pressure to get a hit), so I opened the arrows and ripped out the foam core and some of the weatherstripping, and put weatherstripping where the foam core had been. They're much more responsive now, and the arrows and the metal plates line up in height better, too. I'm really excited and am anxious to try it out. All told, when I get the PS2 and the memory card and the DDR Max 2 and add in the cost of the materials for the pad, it'll have cost me about $400. It's part of my New Year's Resolutions to get more exercise, so it's an investment.
New Year's Resolutions
1. Get more exercise. Okay, so get exercise, period. I'm going to use the DDR as my workout plan. It's kind of like aerobics without the leotards or the disgustingly healthy instructor.
2. Save at least $5000. This shouldn't be too hard because, since my bankruptcy, I have few expenses. I plan on starting to invest this money. I want to retire early. Really early.
3. Get a nice, new laptop. This is a selfish one, but if most of you saw what I'm working with, you'd understand. I want the portability and the processing power. Yeah, best of both worlds.
4. Clean my room so there's a place for everything and everything in its place.
5. Be more spiritual. Take time to meditate, read cards, cast spells, and really connect with the universe. I'm hoping I can get some help with these.
6. Be more selfless. I want to give in more ways than I do right now. I'm nice and kind, but I want to be philanthropic. I want to be friendlier in little ways
I'm stopping at six. Six is the number of imperfection. I am imperfect and realize it, but I do not accept it because I am a sentient being capable of willful change. I don't think I've really every made such a list as this. My only hope is that I can live up to my own expectations. All of my resolutions really come down to an end to procrastination, which is a key weakness that has always plagued me. Wish me luck.