September 18th, 2004

Nightmare Night Applejack

Political Quiz and Rant about Amendment I

According to
I am a Social Liberal (81% permissive), and an Economic Conservative (63% permissive).
I am are best described as a: Libertarian.
I exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.

Speaking of political ideologies, one of my conservative, racist friends (yes, I take all types) sent me a chain email. It shows a couple of little kids with their hands folded in prayer, with a stars and stripes trim and in capital gold letters One Nation Under God. It says that 86% of Americans believe in God, so no one should have a problem with "In God We Trust" or "One Nation Under God". It says the other 14% should be told to just "sit down and BE QUIET!" It says forward if you agree or delete if you don't. I deleted it before I thought about ranting here. This kind of stuff makes me sad for America. It makes me realize how many people are out there who really don't understand the concepts of freedom the country was founded on. "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." This seems to be attributed to Voltaire, but I remember in an American History class that one of our founding fathers also said it, and it epitomizes the spirit of the First Amendment. It is ironic that there are so many who utilize their right to free speech to say that those who disagree with them shouldn't have such a right.
  • Current Music